Long Answer Questions
- What are the various steps involved in making a bed with 3 bed shuts of a 5 star hotel? Explain the shape in sequence.
Ans: Bed making involves two objectives, one is to cleaning that is to keep it dust, dirt and germ free and other objective is to prepare it for re-use. A bed contains different materials. The Bed materials can be divided into two parts:
- Bedding consists of mattress, Blanket/ quilt and Pillow
- Bed linen consists of Bed sheets, Pillowcases and Mattress protector
Bed Making Procedures
Step 1: Strip the soiled sheets from bed and pillow cases
- Go in a circle
- Shake the sheet on the bed
Step 2: Check the mattress pad
Step 3: Change the mattress pad if necessary
Step 4: Place the bottom sheet
- 1st sheet on the mattress with equal amount on all sides and tuck in head board and foot board side
Step 5: Miter the bottom sheet at the upper left corner of the bed
Step 6: Miter the bottom sheet at the upper left corner of the bed
Step 7: Miter the bottom sheet on the next side of the bed
Step 8: Place the second sheet with wrong side up
Step 9: Place blanket on top of 2nd sheet about 6 to 8 inches away from head board
Step 10: Place 3rd sheet over the blanket and turn it under the blanket. This step is necessary if 3 sheets are used. Only 4/5 star hotels use 3 sheets
Step 11: Turn the 2nd sheet over the blanket and tuck in lower part with miter corner
Step 12: Make sure that the blanket and sheet are tucked in neatly along the side of the bed.
Step 13: Place the pillows with the slips making sketch in the center
Step 14: Place the bed cover. Make sure the seams and patterns are staring, neat and smooth.
Step 15: Check the bed for smoothness from a distance.