Table of Contents
Computer || Lok Sewa Aayog || PSC || Objective Questions
Time: 45 minutes FM: 50
Attempt all of the following questions. Each question carries equal marks.
- Which is not a characteristic computer?
a. Speed b. Accuracy c. Diligent d. Understanding
2. Intelligent PROM stands for …
a. Programming read only memory b. Programmable read only memory
c. Package read only memory d. Programmable read only memory
3. Which of the following is not a mass storage device?
a. CD-ROM b. RAM c. HDD d. Tape
4. In computer all calculations performed are made in …… unit
a. Control unit b. Memory b. Arithmetic and logical unit c. Register
5. Which of the following memory has the shortest access time ……?
a. Cache memory b. Register c. Auxiliary RAM d. External hard disk
6. Which is not system software?
a. Windows OS b. Translator c. Emulator d. Excel
7. Which of the following is the acronym for electronic delay storage automatic calculator?
a. UNIVA b. EDSAC c. EDVAC d. Abacus
8. Which one is the slowest access memory
a. Disk b. RAM c. Cache memory d. Register
9. The speed of laser is measured in ……
a. LPM b. CPS c. DPS d. PPM
10. MVS stands for
a. Many very large system b. Multi value system c. Multiple virtual storage d. None of the above
11. Hard disk is coated with ……
a. Magnetic metallic oxide b. Optical metallic oxide c. Carbon layer d. All of the above
12. Program designed to perform specific user tasks is known as ……
a. System software b. Application software c. Utility software d. Operating system
13. A computer program that translates one program instructions at a time into machine language is called a/ an
a. Interpreter b. CPU c. Compiler d. Simulator
14. A device that operates under the control of another device is called ……
a. Stem b. Slave c. Simulator d. Emulator
15. Daisy wheel printer is a type of
a. Matrix printer b. Impact printer c. Laser printer d. Manual printer
16. Computer is an …… machine
a. Electrician b. Mechanical c. Engineering d. Electronic
17. The process of starting or restarting a computer system by loading system files from a secondary storage device into the computer memory is called
a. Paging b. Booting c. Swapping d. Loading
18. Which is not system software?
a. Microsoft word b. Microsoft windows c. Device driver d. Hard disk recovers utility
19. If your computer reports that a file has a size of one kilobyte, then how much space it is using?
a. 8 bytes b. 1024 bytes c. 1048576 bytes d. All of the above
20. Which of these is a pointing device?
a. Laser printer b. Touch pad c. Keyboard d. Decimal point
21. Which is the magnetic storage device?
a. CD b. DVD c. Pen drive d. None of the above
22. Which is not a input device?
a. Touch screen b. Mouse c. Screen d. MIDI
23. Which of the following is not a microcomputer?
a. Desktop b. Laptop c. Mainframe d. Hand held PC
24. A personal computer is a ……
a. Microcomputer b. Terminal c. Personal digital assistant d. Mainframe
25. Which component are you unlikely to find as part of a motherboard?
a. ROM b. CPU C. CMOS memory d. CD-ROM
26. A computer must be capable of doing all of these things except ……
a. Electrolyze b. Output data c. Process data d. Store data
27. You could measure a microprocessor’s clock speed of recent computer in ……
a. Computer procedure unit b. Hertz c. Bits per second d. Gigahertz
28. High data accuracy produced by …… computer.
a. Analog b. Digital c. Hybrid d. None of the above
29. Which one of the following is the oldest storage device?
a. Paper tape b. Magnetic tape c. Magnetic disk d. Magnetic core
30. The communication port is used for ……
a. Mouse connection b. Printer connection c. Modem connection d. Monitor connection
31. Modem is connected with ……
a. Parallel port b. Serial port c. USB d. Com port
32. Which of the following is the low level language?
a. Assembly b. Machine c. Both a and b d. Natural language
33. Which one is removable disk?
a. Zip disk b. Pen drive c. Floppy disk d. All of the above
34. The capacity of compact disk is …
a. 1000 KB b. 250 MB c. 640 MB d. 2000 MB
35. Which is not hardware?
a. Keyboard b. Mouse c. Printer d. CD
36. The content of RAM can be erased by supplying electric charge?
a. PROM b. EPROM C. EEPROM D. EAPROM
37. The AVACUS was originated from …
a. China b. Korea c. Japan d. USA
38. SMPS stands for …
a. Switching mode power supply b. Switch mode power system
c. System mode power station d. None of the above
39. Antivirus program falls on …… category.
a. System software b. Application software c. Utility software d. All of the above
40. Which is not a basic type of computer?
a. Super computer b. Digital computer c. Analog d. Hybrid
41. Linkage between the CPU and Users is called …
a. Software b. Hardware c. Peripheral d. Storage
42. The DVD is a/ an … disk.
a. Magnetic b. Semiconductor c. Magneto optical d. Optical
43. Which is not direct entry input device?
a. Keyboard b. Scanner Barcode reader d. OMR
44. The mnemonic code was used in …
a. 1 GL b. 2 GL c. 3 GL d. 4 GL
45. Which will produce high graphic quality printout?
a. Laser b. Plotter c. Dot matrix d. Inkjet
46. How many types of different devices that supported by USB port?
a. 40 b. 65 c. 100 d. 127
47. Which one is the component of computer system?
a. Hardware b. Software c. Human ware d. All of the above
48. What is the name for parallel communication pathway that connects different hardware components physically into computer system?
a. Cable b. Line c. Bus d. Peripheral
49. Which electronic component was concerned for emerging the third generation computer?
a. Vacuum tube b. IC c. Transistors d. VLSI
50. Which of the following two computers have the same architecture?
a. IMB and Macintosh b. IBM Compatible and apple
c. IBM and Apple/ Macintosh d. IBM and IBM compatible
Solved Computer Operator Questions Answer Download PDF file from below
- Important Questions Answer of Lok Sewa Aayog | Computer Operator | Objective Questions Answer
- Important Objective Questions Answer of Lok Sewa Aayog | Set 10