Welcome to our Hotel Management notes. Read important Important Questions Answer of Hotel Management long Questions Answer Grade XII. Here we’ll posted only important notes for hm students. This is only for educational purposes. Thank You.
Table of Contents
Important Questions Answer of Hotel Management | long Questions Answer | Grade XII
Click here for download pdf file of Important Questions Answer of Hotel Management
1. Explain the step by step procedure of cleaning a departure room.
Ans: Departure room is just left by a guest, which has to be prepared for the next guest. For this purpose collect equipment and set trolley/ maids card according to room status report. The step by step process of cleaning departure room is described below:
- Make sure guest has left the room
- Knock the door before opening the door
- Switch off A/C, light on and open windows and curtains for airing the room
- Check the room and bathroom for lost and found and damage or theft of hotel property
- Check for if any repair, replace or maintenance is necessary
- Remove all solid from the room
- Remove solid linen and place by fresh linen
- Clean all the room equipment, bathroom and entire surface
- Disinfect bathroom and put sanitary belt
- Check amenities and room supply
- Then carry vacuum cleaning
- Close the windows and curtains, switch off the lights
- Give a last look, close the door and prepare room report
2. Show the differences between woven and non-woven carpet.
Ans: In hotel industry refers to a floor covering material. The quality of carpet represents the quality the hotel so they have made heavy investment on them. While selecting proper type and quality of carpet consider their appearance, safety factor, warmth. Many hotels prefer carpet instead of hard floor as carpet are sound insulation and are easy to clean.
Carpets are either tufted or woven which can be classified as woven and non-woven carpet.
Woven carpets are woven in loom and they are interwoven. Generally they are handmade but nowadays machine woven carpets are also available. They are made of woolen or cotton yarn by knotting. Sometime it can be made of coconut bark.
The non-woven carpets are tufted carpets. They are made of synthetic. It is mostly used for wall carpeting.
Watch the video below
3. Explain the procedure of attending a departure guest room.
Ans: Cleaning refers to the process of maintaining dust, dirt and germ free environment. Room cleaning is more technical job, as it includes creating the “environment” of leisure, pleasure and relax. “Sleeping for pleasure”. The cleaning job includes the room preparation, bed making and cleaning.
Servicing Departure Room:
Departure room is just left by guest, which has to be prepared for the next guest. For this purpose collect equipment and set trolley/ maids card according to room status report. The process of departure and occupied room cleaning are similar but differences are mentioned below:
- Immediate checking of the room and bathroom for lost and found.
- Bed lines must be changed
- Disinfecting room items as cupboard, drawers, waste paper, basket adn telephone
- Disinfecting whole bathroom
- Replenishing supplies must be clean and fresh
- Portfolio must be checked and replace
- Inside of cupboard must be checked and replaced
- Sanitary belt must be place in commode.
4. List the various of furniture used in the hotel explain.
Ans: There are various types of wood and wood grains, metals, plastics, etc. are used to produce furniture. Wood is the most common material used in furniture as it is strong, rigid and resists wear stains. The only problem of wood is they are not weather resistance. Nowadays aluminium and aluminium plated steel or brasses are gradually being introduced. They are lightweight hard wearing and are easy to clean.
Formica or plastic-coated tabletops may be found in many cafeterias or staff dinning-rooms. These are easily cleaned, hard-wearing and not necessary to use of linen. The tabletops come in a variety of colors and designs suitable for all situations. If desired, place mats may take the place of linen.
Plastic and fiber glasses are now being used extensively to produce dinning-room chairs. These materials are easily molded into a single-piece seat and back to fit the body contours, the legs are usually made of metal. These are durable, easily cleaned, light weight, may be stacked and are available in a range of colors and designs and are relatively cheaper. They are more frequently found in bars, lounges and staff dining rooms rather than in the first-class hotel restaurant.
The furniture used in a hotel are classified into three headings for the cleaning purpose. They are:
1. Free standing: They are easily moved or re-arranged. They are normally not so expensive. They accumulate dust above or beneath. They are chairs, tables, beds, sofa, etc.
2. Built-in: They are built during the construction of the building so they cannot be changed or re-arranged. There is no gap under these furniture.
3. Fitted: These types of furniture are built in special way to fit the special area to save the space and to save the cost. These cannot be moved easily. Special attention must be given to clean these furniture.
5. Occupied room is the in use. It is at least attended twice a day. It is attended in the morning for complete cleaning and replacement of the bedroom and bathroom supplies. The second time room is attended in the evening. For nice and comfortable night sleep which is known as ” second service ” or evening service.
6. Departure room is room just left by a guest, which has to be prepared for the next guest. For this purpose collect equipment and set trolly/maids cart according to room status report. The step by step process of cleaning departure room is described below:
Regarding the cleaning methods of these rooms are similar during entry and cleaning of solid items from the room. In the occupied room proper care of guest items is necessary and for the departure room. The room is to get ready for next guest.
Read also ==>> Business Communication Exam Paper 2075 | BBS 2nd Year