The BCA course has been recently launched by Tribhuvan University in Nepal. Even Purbanchal and Pokhara University are also running the course. The content is almost similar in all three university. TU’s course is a bit challenging though. There are more than 120 colleges with affiliation to TU that are running this course and the course is run under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (FOHS). The main objective of this BCA (Bachelors of Arts in Computer Application) course is to produce real world developers and IT professionals.
Table of Contents
To study BCA, a student needs the following qualifications:
- You need a minimum of D+ grade in 11 and 12 with CGPA 2.0.
- If you are studying PCL or any other board, you need a minimum score of second division.
- Students who are waiting for supplementary exam can also give the entrance exam and apply. You just need to pass the exams before admission time.
You need to give the entrance exam of BCA before you are eligible to study. The entrance exam is taken by the Faculty of Humanities (For TU). The entrance exam format is listed below:
- The MCQ exam is of 100 marks and the pass mark is 40.
- There are 3 sections: Mathematics (50 marks), Grammar/English (40 marks), General Knowledge (10 marks).
- There is no negative marking.
How to start the admission process?
To start the admission process for BCA, you first need to get the form from TU or any other private college. Fill it up and then, get the Model Question from your college. You can now start the preparation. The exam is 2 hours long and after you have your results, you can choose the college. If your grades are proper, you can easily find admission in government colleges. If not then, you can find admission in private colleges. You need around 50 to 60 marks to easily get into a college. The higher you score in the entrance, the better the perks are. For instance, you can get a discount on admission fee or college tuitions depending on the entrance score.
The BCA course has 8 semesters and it will get completed 4 year. There are many humanities and business related subjects as well as computer subjects in this course. Each semester has 5 subjects. The last semester requires an internship. The course structure for BCA is listed below:
Language Courses– BCA has two language courses: English 1 and 2. Both are designed to help the students improve their written English so that the students can survive in the International Tech market.
Business Courses – The business courses in the BCA degree include various subjects like Finance, Accounting, Management and more. The course also has Business Mathematics.
Social Sciences and Humanities – Since the BCA course is run by the FOHS, you need to study social sciences subjects as well. These subjects include things like Cyber Law, Ethics, Society and Technology.
IT and Computer Courses – The BCA course has a mixture of IT and Humanities. The IT courses offered in BCA include things like C Programming, Digital Logic, Microprocessors and more. The courses also has Database, Web development, OOP, Software Management and other very important courses.
Elective Courses – A lot of elective subjects such as Graphics, Design and System Admin are also there in this course.
The BCA course has the following features:
- BCA course provides the skillset for students to get the post of System Analysts, Managers and Database Admin.
- The course has industrial visits and internship opportunities.
- There are scholarships for students securing good marks in each semester.
- The BCA course has proper equivalence and students who pass this course can study MCA, MBA and many other master’s degree offered by TU.
Cost of Study
Admission Form: NRs. 1,500/
College Tuition : 2 to 5 lakhs (most colleges)
Per Semester Exam Fee: NRs. 2500 per semester.
Per year TU development fee: NRs. 3000-5000 per year (depends on college).