The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a Business Degree offered by Tribhuvan University. It is a semester style program which is targeted towards management graduates. Science graduates, however, can also study this degree.
The degree is designed for developing management professionals to fill the middle to senior level management positions in various business sectors. Right now more than 50 colleges all over Nepal offer this degree and it is arguably the most studied degree in Nepal.
Table of Contents
A student wanting to study the BBA course in TU must meet the following requirements:
- Students must have passed 10+2 from a recognized institute with Second Division (minimum) i.e. 1.8 CGPA or 45% minimum.
- Student must have completed 12 years of academics from a board recognized by TU.
- Student must pass the CMAT exams for studying BBA.
BBA is a very tough degree. Despite being a business degree, it is considered to be the tough. There are 8 semester so, the number of subjects is very extensive. To get into a college for Studying BBA, a student must pass the CMAT exam. CMAT is an exam that is taken by FOM, TU and it mainly focuses on reasoning and verbal ability. The exam’s structure is given below:
- The exam is a Multiple Choice Question exam. It has a total of 100 objective questions with 1 mark per question. There is no any negative marking for wrong answer. So, the students can freely give the exam.
- The pass mark is 40. The exam lasts 2 hours.
- The four key areas where you are tested in CMAT are: Verbal Ability, General Awareness, Quantitative Ability and Logical reasoning. Each part is worth 25 marks.
How to start the admission process?
After you have completed the Plus 2 education, you first need to fill a form from the FOM, TU. After that you need to join a coaching center to study for the CMAT exam. The CMAT exam is very tough and studying hard for it will certainly increase your chances. Since the CMAT exam tests logic, reasoning and language, you need to have a strong base in mathematics and language. Once you have passed the exam, you can choose the college. There are many government college that give admission on merit. This means, the higher you score the better your chances are. Government Colleges have better education and less fees as compared to most private colleges. There are some state of the art private colleges with the BBA degree though. But these are very very expensive.
BBA is a 4 year business course . Each year is divided into two semesters so, there are a total of 8 semesters. You have to study 5 subjects per semester. The last year requires a project work and an internship to There are many management related subjects as well as computer subjects. Each semester has 5 subjects. The last semester provides internship opportunities to the students. The course structure for BBA is given below:
Business Courses – The business courses are the main core of the BBA degree. You get a complete package of business courses that ranges from things like marketing, finance, accounting, business relations, international business, taxation, customs, stock market and much more.
IT and Computer Courses – The BBA degree has a basic IT course along with Databases and an elective Programming course that can really increase the overall knowledge of the graduate. This along with an especially targeted E-Commerce course is really up to date and can help students in the 21st century.
Elective Courses – The BBA degree enables you to choose two lanes: Marketing and Finance. Both of these are real world job skills and depending on your skillset, you can choose one.
The BBA course features the following features:
- Teaching methods include things like lectures, presentations, practical exams and a lot of analytical course work.
- Industrial Visits and tours are mandatory.
- There is a good attendance system per semester with the students needing 80% attendance to pass.
- The pass grade is 40% of the total full marks. You need a CGPA of 2.0 to pass the course.
- Internships are available for the last semester.
- The course also allows credit transfer facility to other universities national and international.
Cost of Study
Admission Form: NRs. 1,500/
College Tuition : 2 to 5 lakhs (most colleges outside the valley), 4 to 8 lakhs (colleges inside the valley).
Per Semester Exam Fee: NRs. 2500 per semester.
Per year TU development fee: NRs. 3000-5000 per year (depends on the college).