Are you confused about what to study at Bachelors’s Level?
Most Nepali students who pass their take Management as their major in +2 level have this confusion. As there are so many options available, this dilemma is quite common. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered.
To inform such students, we’ve discussed the comprehensive differences between the most sought-after business courses in Nepal. So, without any delay, let us sink our teeth in it then.
Table of Contents
Difference between BBA, BBS, BBM, and B. Com
One of the most common courses out there, BBA is usually the 1st choice of many students after their +2. The course is well-valued and recognized around the country. This course is a great way to start a career in management or aim towards achieving a degree in MBA.
- The BBA degree is a 4-year degree broken down into 8 semesters. Each semester has 5 subjects (minimum) and you need to have a good score in your +2 results to get into most BBA colleges. The degree might also require you to clear the CMAT exam with a good score.
- This degree mainly focuses on all walks of management. The course structure is comprehensive and the number of courses is vast. It is one of the best courses in the business world and provides students all the tools necessary to build a solid career in management.
- The BBA degree is also very student-friendly as it provides many opportunities to students and helps them expand their knowledge. It has many practicals so you’ll be well-groomed for actual
- As many corporate houses recognize students with a BBA degree, this course will help capable and hardworking students get high-paying jobs in the future.
- The most popular BBA course in Nepal is at Tribhuvan University. However, there are also many international universities running this course all over Nepal.
- Although this degree is quite popular, it is also a tough 4-year course and also a bit expensive.
The BBS course is like a small brother of the BBA course. It is usually less expensive and the curriculum is surprisingly similar. Unlike the BBA course, it misses out on a few details like advanced course structure, and practical sessions. Having said that, there aren’t many differences between the two degrees in the present context.
- BBS course is a great choice for students who have budget constraints or insufficient grades to study BBA. In recent years, this course has been greatly recognized in Nepal.
- It is also provided by the Faculty of Management, TU along with many other educational institutions.
- The main difference is that BBS is divided into semesters and you will need to attend board exams each year. The colleges usually have less strict and you don’t study that many subjects. Having said that, it is essential to study the courses in detail as the examinations are quite difficult.
- The course can be considered a bit lenient. So, for students who want to work a part-time job while studying is possible.
- The BBS course is also a really good choice for students who want to consider Accounting and Finance as their careers. Also, many corporate houses and businesses have many posts available for candidates with a BBS degree.
BBM is a less popular option than BBA and BBS courses. On the contrary, students get high-quality education if they choose BBM at their Bachelors’s level. The curriculum is well structured and is even considered as the sister course to BBA.
- The BBM also requires the students to clear the CMAT exams and secure good marks in their plus two days.
- You will have to study for 4 years and 8 semesters, similar to the BBA course.
The main difference between BBM and BBA is the course structure. While BBA focuses on both Management/Marketing and Accounting/inance sector, the BBM course mainly focuses primarily on the Management section.
- The goal of the BBM program is to produce students capable of leading some of the best organizations in Nepal.
- BBM program prepares students for real-world management problems and helps them cope with some of the toughest business-related problems.
B. Com stands for Bachelors in Commerce. It is one of the oldest courses in the world as well as in Nepal. It is not very popular as students rarely aim to get this degree. However, it is still available in different colleges around our country.
- The B.Com course is provided on a large scale by Indian universities and we advise students to study the course in India if they can.
- This course has 3-4 years of study with either semester/yearly exam. This system differs from university to university.
- The thing that separates B. Com from other Management degrees is that the B. Com course is a course that is focused on accounting and finance unlike BBA and BBM (with the main focus on Management).
- B. Com students are able to apply their knowledge in the financial sector and they have a deep knowledge of Accounting.
- Career options include Accountant, Finance Advisors, Tax Agents, and many more.
- The B. Com degree also lets students apply for further education in the MBS and even MBA courses.
Which Business Course is Best for You?
By now, you must have a clear idea about which course to study. If you have good grades in 10+2 and have cleared the CMAT entrance exam with flying colors, you will definitely get admission to the BBA course. It’s a reputed degree and will help you aim towards a great career in Management and Business. The BBM course is also a great alternative to the BBA course with great subjects and curriculum.
On the other hand, if you want a cheaper yet well-recognized course, go for BBS. And finally, if you are planning to study a business course in India, go for B. Com.